It’s time to start thinking about the heat. Not just the warmer weather of spring, but the real scorching days of midsummer. Right now is the best time to make sure that you have an air conditioning system in your home that can handle the intense Florida heat.
“My AC has worked fine before,” you might say. “What will stop it from working fine again?”
Past performance isn’t a good guide to future results, especially when you consider the wear and tear an AC in Florida goes through. Your air conditioning system may have hidden malfunctions you don’t know about. Before you throw your AC into the hottest weather of the year, it pays to know if anything isn’t right with it. Scheduling timely AC repair in Wellborn, FL or elsewhere in North Central Florida will save you from dealing with your cooling system failing abruptly when you need it the most.
First, give your AC a test run
We recommend you take the time to run your air conditioning system for about an hour on a cooler spring day to see if you notice anything wrong. Some things to watch for:
- No cool air comes from the vents, no matter how you set the thermostat. This often means the compressor isn’t coming on—and that needs immediate attention from professionals.
- Cool air comes from the vents, but not all the rooms are cooling down as much as they should.
- The AC makes strange noises as it runs that you haven’t heard before, or it makes more noise than usual.
- The air conditioner turns on and off too many times during the hour (more than five times).
- You notice strange odors from the vents. Some dusty smells are normal at first, but they shouldn’t continue for long.
- Airflow coming from the vents feels weak.
- You need to lower the thermostat settings farther than normal to get decent cooling.
For issues with low airflow, uneven cooling, and frequent cycling, you can check on the air filter for the HVAC system to see if it’s clogged. Change the filter; this may improve the issue. Plus, we recommend you always put in a fresh air filter at the start of the air conditioning season. If you can’t tell what’s causing your AC trouble, get technicians out to look at the system.
Now arrange for professional maintenance
This is the essential step, for sussing out air conditioning trouble before it becomes actual trouble. Even if you’ve noticed nothing wrong from the test run, you still need to have the AC given a professional tune-up and inspection. During the inspection, technicians will examine the various components of the air conditioner that may have emerging faults:
- Refrigerant lines
- The compressor
- The control board
- The thermostat
- Both sets of coils
- The blower and the outdoor fan
If the technicians find anything wrong, they’ll let you know so you can schedule the necessary repairs.
We offer high-quality air conditioning maintenance through our Gold Club. Reach out to us today to find out more and arrange for your spring AC maintenance.
Call Touchstone Heating and Air 24/7 for exceptional customer service! Serving the communities of North Central Florida since 1998.