Here in Gainesville FL, air filtration systems are a common in many households. Good indoor air quality is as important to a home as comfortable humidity levels and steady temperatures, and sometimes an air filtration system is the only way to properly ensure that. Air filtration systems can range from simple filters to UV lights to whole-house systems designed to thoroughly clean the air moving through your home. Results vary, but all of them create cleaner air and fewer contaminants in your home.
Here’s a quick list of some contaminants that air filtration can remove.
- Household dust. Household dust comes from mites, human skin cells and other debris that invariably develops in any household.
- Pollen. Pollen is a huge concern in this part of the world, especially in the spring when allergies can rage. If you have someone in your household who suffers from allergies, an air filtration system is almost a necessity
- Pet dander. Pets shed hair and dander as they go about their business, and over time that can build up in your house. The more pets you have, the larger the issue becomes
- Outdoor contaminants. This includes dust and debris from outside the home which can be tracked in order enter through doors, windows and similar vents.
- Mold and bacteria. Bacteria and other forms of biological contaminants can pose an active danger to your household. UV lighting makes an excellent safeguard against such contaminants
- Cigarette smoke. If you or someone in your household smokes, the cigarette smoke can circulate throughout your house via the HVAC system. Certain types of air filters can capture the smoke particles and keep them out of the rest of the house.
Knowing the contaminants that air filtration can remove is the first step to understanding how an in-house system can help you. In Gainesville, FL air filtration systems can be installed by the experts at Touchstone Heating and Air Inc. We can help you decide on a system that works for you needs, then perform an installation with courtesy and care. Pick up the phone and give us a call today!