You may have heard of ductless mini splits. Ductless heating and cooling is popular in Europe and Japan, and is now making inroads here in the US. If you’re thinking of installing a new cooling system before the major summer heat arrives, going ductless might be a good option. But ductless mini split heat pumps (that’s another term for them) are not ideal for every home.
The best way to find out if ductless cooling is ideal for your situation is to call our professionals. But we can give you some help right here to help you start thinking about whether you should get a ductless or standard split system air conditioner.
Situations where ductless mini splits are a good idea
- You are building a new house: For new home construction, ductless heating and cooling is absolutely one of the best things you can do. Why? Because you don’t have to worry about space-consuming ducts! You can design a house without the concern about widening spaces in order to fit in ducts to reach the rooms. Ductless mini splits cool down a house using wall-mounted units, and these can fit nearly anywhere on exterior walls. That’s all you need—no ductwork necessary.
- You’re remodeling your house: Not as big a project as new home construction, but when remodeling a house you might want to consider putting in a ductless mini split heat pump instead of the standard ducted AC. The reason: the same as with new home construction. You don’t have to worry about finding space for ducts. You can remodel your home exactly the way you want.
- You’re adding a room to your house: Ductless mini splits don’t have to be an all-or-nothing proposition. You could have a ductless cooling system as an addition to a standard AC. Adding a new room to your house can throw off your current HVAC system. Your old AC may not be able to cool down the new space, and adding ducts can unbalance the ventilation system. Instead, use a ductless mini split heat pump to handle the cooling (and heating) needs of the added room.
- You live in an old home with no space for ductwork: Central air conditioning only became widespread in homes starting in the 1970s. Homes older than this may not have space for ducts. Although you can remodel the house to find ways to fit ducts for central air conditioning, it’s easier to simply go with a ductless mini split system. For professionals, these systems are simple and quick to install.
- Your home has people who suffer from asthma and allergies: One of the advantages of going with a ductless system is that there’s less air pollution circulating through the home. Ductwork collects a lot of dust, lint, dander, and other debris. When the air conditioner blower comes on, all these air contaminants are sent out of the vents and into the home’s air. This can make allergies and asthma symptoms much worse. Without ducts, however, there’s less dust blown into the air. This can be a significant improvement for asthma and allergy sufferers.
If you’re ready to have a new air conditioning installation in Lake City, FL, start by contacting our experts. They’ll help you make the right choice about whether to go with a ductless system or a standard split system AC. Thanks to our expertise, you’ll end up with the best comfort system, installed right the first time!
Get the best new AC for your home: Call Touchstone Heating & Air Inc 24/7 for exceptional customer service!