Most people equate temperature with comfort levels, particularly indoors, but there are other things to consider when it comes to your indoor air; one of these things is your indoor air quality. Indoor air can carry 2-5 times more contaminants than the outside air, making it possible for your indoor air to be less healthy than the outdoor air.
If you are concerned about your indoor air quality in Lake City, Touchstone Heating and Air, Inc., has a number of products and services that can help you and your family. Call today!
What Are the Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Here is a general overview of symptoms caused by poor indoor air quality:
- Itch, watery eyes
More Serious Symptoms:
- Nose bleeds
- Constant nose congestion
- Allergic reactions
- Respiratory attacks (asthma)
- Muscle pain (myalgia)
Products and Services That Can Improve Indoor Air Quality
There are a number of whole-home products and duct services that can help increase your indoor air quality:
- Mechanical air filters – mechanical air cleaners are framed filters in which filter media captures and retains particles in your indoor air. These filters typically fit into your indoor unit (though not always), and need to be changed every 3 months in order to stay effective.
- Electronic air cleaners – electronic air cleaners use electricity to charge, trap and remove particles. There are two types of electronic air cleaners – ion generators and electronic precipitators – and while they are similar, they do work in slightly different ways.
- UV germicidal lights – UV lights are used to destroy and eradicate biological contaminants. They do this by radiating cells with UV-C light.
- Duct cleaning – professionally cleaning your air ducts removes dust and dirt build-up, and growths such as mold and mildew, from your system. A professional duct cleaning can significantly reduce the amount of airborne particles in your living spaces.
- Duct sealing – faulty ductwork not only loses air through holes and cracks, it lets in pollutants, including particles and fumes, which can reduce your indoor air quality. Sealing these ducts can eliminate this problem.
- Duct repair/replacement – sometimes ductwork is so damaged and/or worn that it requires replacement. New ductwork is clean and free of wear and tear that can compromise air quality.
Touchstone Heating and Air, Inc., has the products, services and professional specialists you need to help improve your indoor air quality in Lake City. Call us today and schedule an appointment.